HOW TO MAKE RASTA PASTA ON A BUDGET IN 6 EASY STEPS
Are you ready to embark on a culinary journey into the world of budget-friendly Rasta Pasta, a delicious main course inspired by Jamaican cuisine? If you're a fan of Ital cooking or simply looking to explore a flavorful fusion dish on a budget, you're in for a treat. Rasta Pasta, with its vibrant flavors and wholesome ingredients, is a beloved staple in the realm of Jamaican cuisine and is often associated with Rastafarian culture, which originated in Jamaica. Join us as we guide you through the steps to create this mouthwatering Jamaican-Ital delight that won't break your budget.
- 1 Large pot For cooking pasta
- 1 Large pan For sautéing vegetables and sauce
- 1 Cooking utensils (spatula, spoon) For mixing and stirring food
- 1 Colander For draining pasta
- 1 Cutting board and knife For vegetable prep
- 8 ounces of whole wheat pasta
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables bell peppers, broccoli, carrots
- 2 cups of flavorful tomato sauce
- Herbs and spices 1 teaspoon of thyme, 2 stalks of scallion, 1/2 Scotch bonnet pepper (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Cook the whole wheat pasta according to package instructions until it reaches your desired level of doneness. Drain and set it aside.8 ounces of whole wheat pasta
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 2 cups of mixed vegetables, including bell peppers, broccoli, and carrots. Sauté them until they become tender and slightly caramelized.2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 cups of mixed vegetables
- Pour in 2 cups of flavorful tomato sauce, rich in herbs and spices like 1 teaspoon of thyme, 2 stalks of scallion, and 1/2 Scotch bonnet pepper (adjust to taste). Stir the sauce into the vegetables, allowing the flavors to meld and create a savory base.2 cups of flavorful tomato sauce, Herbs and spices
- Incorporate the cooked whole wheat pasta into the pan, ensuring it's well-coated with the tomato sauce and infused with the herbaceous goodness.
- Continue to cook the Rasta Pasta for a few more minutes, allowing all the ingredients to harmonize. The result should be a delectable blend of textures and flavors.
- Serve your budget-friendly Jamaican Rasta Pasta hot, garnished with fresh herbs for that extra burst of freshness.
Tips from the Rastaverse Chef:
- To enhance the dish's authenticity, use whole wheat pasta for a nutty flavor and added nutrition.
- Experiment with the choice of mixed vegetables to suit your preferences, but aim to maintain a colorful and diverse medley.
- Adjust the level of spice by controlling the amount of Scotch bonnet pepper, ensuring it aligns with your taste buds.
- Ital Stew
- Rice and Peas
- Ital Stew Soup
- Ital Smoothie